Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BTW 7/27/11

This week I am SO excited to say that my very first batch of JulsBeads is on my beading table! If you hurry you might be able to snap up some her beads over in her Etsy store. She just added some awesome sets for only $15! That is artisan made, unique lampwork totally covered in awesome sauce  (and rinsed in fairy pee according to the description) for $15. Made by this chick that makes me snort my drink out of my nose almost every time I read her blog.  Seriously.


 Here you can see he beads which I am planning to pair with my Flower Pendant (available in multiple colors for you on Etsy). I also have plans for the seemingly disembodied wings because this piece is most likely going to be entered in the Inspired by Nature Challenge for this week.



 Here is actually the finished piece from the IBN challenge last week which was also on my BTW post as I was working on these mushrooms that day.




I have to say I was a little dubious when I started but I am thrilled with the way it finally came together. Even if the hubs did observe that I am having a "lopsided phase". I did inform him that we like the term asymmetrical much better than "lopsided". My preference was duly noted and has been implemented ever since ;)


Don't forget to check out this week's Photo Challenge! The theme is "Children" and I have had such a great response I am taking DOUBLE ENTRIES. That's right. You can send me 2 pics this week because trying to choose just one of these sweetie pies is just too darn difficult!

Hop over to Flickr and check out other Bead Table Wednesday participants to for more beady works in progress.

1 comment:

Julianna Cannon said...

LOVE that ceramic focal~ those beads match it perfectly!!!