Friday, July 01, 2011

Willow challenge

Willow challenge week 1
Heather Powers is putting on a 12 week challenge in conjunction with her upcoming book release. This week I was inspired by her photo to create this pendant. I added the little translucent blue and teal swirls because they remind of little gusts of wind that I imagine are in the photo. I was going to do a more complex necklace as is my usual style but I liked the pendant just simply strung on the sari silk with a few cream wood beads that look like the willow puffs. You can check out the whole group participating in the challenge here on Flickr.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Very pretty! I will definitely check it out!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I love what you did - I'm working on mine today - I think I can handle one a week for twelve weeks better then twelve a week for one week : P

Have a happy and safe *Fourth*!

Pretty Things said...

I like it!

THEAjewellery (lesley Watt) said...

Lovely interpretation Kate - looks lovely and cool for summer wear too.
The pendant I won in your june giveaway has just arrived and I'm delighted with it - thank you so much.
Lesley.